Thursday, October 13, 2011

Q&A: How do I restore an unlocked, jailbroken iPhone 2g from backup when it sez that your software it too old?

Question by Appledapple: How do I restore an unlocked, jailbroken iPhone 2g from backup when it sez that your software it too old?
I had to jailbreak my iPhone 2g and unlock it once more since when I downloaded the iPhone 3. software program, it detected my "invalid" sim card. So soon after Many hours of following instructions and watching youtube videos, I finally produced my iPhone function again. But the issue is....I lost every thing ='( I was hoping I could restore all my information (contacts, calendars, messages, notes, etc) from backup... but whenever i click restore from back up, a message appears that sex some thing like, "unable to retore iPhone from backup since your software program is too old" then it wants me to download the newest software. If i did that, I'll just go back to problem # 1 and then it will detect my "invalid" sim card once more :(( Is not THERE ANY OTHER WAY??='( WILL EXTRACTING MY BACKUP FILES Function? WHAT Software program OR DEVICE CAN I USE? I'm employing a PC on windows XP. Please help me '(


Best answer:

Answer by ωiiρlυѕ
Hold shift and click Restore. Then get an unmodified IPSW file to restore to, and then re-jailbreak.



Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: Q&A: How do I restore an unlocked, jailbroken iPhone 2g from backup when it sez that your software it too old?

No comments:

Post a Comment